Thursday, September 13, 2012

Torsdag

Well the KAL is just about over and I have not succeeded in finishing 3 sweaters. I did get one done 100% Another one is 80% done and the third is about 20% done. Not too bad I suppose.

I could have been done had I not been weaving on my new loom!
I managed to finish a table runner. I ended up teaching myself how to weave as I had nobody here at the house nor any books. I did find some stuff online that I checked out about 3 weeks prior to owning the loom. I read it carefully and when I got the loom home I put the legs on and started measuring for the warp.

However, I do not have a warping board which made things tough, but in the end I managed to make this.
It started out as a scarf, but it was far too short and is now a table runner. I cut off all the fringe except 4 inches and it looks really nice actually!
My next project is another scarf, this time with a long enough warp, and I am going to do a tweed design.


No comments: